Monday, January 2, 2012

Sea Glass and Snow

Happy New Year!
2011 was a tough year for some and great for others, like most years I guess, but this year is going to be Terrific. I can feel it!
Christmas has been celebrated and stored away until next year and the strangely warm weather and lack of snow has me ordering vegetable seeds and "Spring" cleaning has already begun.I think that is a good sign... although if we don't get some snow soon there will be water restrictions next summer. Boo!
The ideas have been flowing and I finally have some time to post about them.
So here is just one.
I have been inspired by several photos on Pinterest again and this time it is a "Snow and Sea Glass" crocheted Afghan in a ripple pattern. I seem to be stuck on the ripple right now.








Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest










Source: flickr.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


















Source: flickr.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


















Source: google.com via Jennifer on Pinterest























The colors in the photos above are here in this gorgeously cozy afghan

Here is another shot taken with a flash today...I finished a few more rows while watching the "Hell on Wheels" marathon yesterday. ;0)

I have two more afghans in mind but I am determined to finish this one before starting another. The recipient of this blankie is a very dear person to me and that always helps the fingers fly.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love sea glass. Probably because I am a Pisces and aquamarine is my birthstone but the ocean and the color of sea glass inspires me too.

I love your ripple blanket. As I said on my blog, I'm going to be starting some kind of crochet afghan soon. Just haven't decided between the tradition granny square or something new.