Saturday, August 29, 2009

Upgrade!

I have finally bought myself a new sewing machine. It is a Singer and it is a beauty... sigh...


It is so smooth and quiet, doesn't "walk" across the table as I sew. My new baby has over a hundred fancy stitches and I can't wait to make a button hole and put a zipper in something.


It isn't the Bernina that I REALLY wanted but I just couldn't pull that off...yet.



My trusty little old Brother machine has been chug a lugging along for many years now with its bobbin thread constantly breaking, tension falling out for NO reason. Sometimes it would just eat my fabric!


Kevin wants me to donate it to charity but I just can't let it go... yet. I have made soooo many things with it, it's not useless... what if I need it again? We have agreed it can sit in the garage for a year.
I spent all day yesterday sewing and I have a kink in my neck to prove it. I have finished quilting the "quilt sandwich" I have been working on. Yipeee! It is going to be our "beat around quilt" for picnics and concerts and such. All I have to do now is bind it. Then it's done. Here is the back.
I am thinking of using this Anna Maria Horner print for the binding.
What do you think?

3 comments:

DUTA said...

Enjoy your new "toy"! I see it's a Brother. It makes me want a new sewing machine too. Mine is an Elna, but I don't do much work on it. I can see you sew lovely items on your machine.

Jennifer D said...

Duta, actually my new one is the Singer. My old clunker is the Brother. Before I got the Brother I was using a Pfaff from the 1950's. It was so heavy and only did a straight stitch. I am enjoying my new "toy" very much. Thanks for your comments, I look forward to them.

Land of shimp said...

Oh my goodness! Jennifer, I'm being literal here, when I saw the intricacy of your quilts, my jaw dropped. It occurred to me that I was sitting here with my mouth inelegantly hanging open.

I can essentially sew on a button, and that's about it, so to me this like seeing someone spin gold.

Congratulations on your new toy! It's clear that you'll make good use of it.