Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lunchtime Discovery

We spent our lunchtime exploring in the Sherwin Creek area a few days ago and it turned out to be very interesting and a little creepy.
Rugby started off by watchin' out for critters...squirrels mainly.





She quickly turned her charms onto me and my lunch.Ahhh...the creek is nice. I love the sound, I love the smell, I love the cool air coming off the snow melt. "I am still sittin' pretty over here, a bit of that sandwich please."


"Daddy has crossed a bridge lets follow, Rugs."

Hey! I can do this all day if I have to!

Oh looky here...an old cabin. I wonder if this little stove was used to heat water and cook food?





Deer Rest Lodge or Hanta Virus Haven? Someone put a lot of effort into this front door.

There is a cute little built in fireplace in the left corner.


To the right...


A tell tale signs of teen partying...red Solo cups litter the floor and there is some sort of foam stuffing in the "kitchen" area.
This place has potential during the day... but I bet it is super creepy at night. Let's go.

I wonder what lives in there? A woodpecker maybe?


a little flora...when these babies start blooming I start sneezing!

Today we are heading out on yet another little adventure so come visit soon. J

1 comment:

DUTA said...

Pity I wasn't able to enlarge the photos.
The dog is very cute and so is the front door of the old cabin.