Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Crazy Hexies part 1

I have been wanting to make a crazy quilt for forever and the only thing holding me back was a surplus of broadcloth and an incredible lack of velvets and satins. This Christmas I was gifted a box full of velours and velvets in burgundy, royal blue, forest green, teal and best of all black.
So I went to my go to site Pinterest and found several great patterns. In the end I settled on this one.
I need a nice mess going on to help the creative juices flow.

I forgot to take a photo but I have drawn a hexagon on the white piece of sheeting.

The first two before binding.
I have been trying my hand at free motion quilting and I have found it is not for the easily frustrated. The example above is my first half way decent attempt. Yipeee!
 A little more free motion. Only two in the end because I am already irked.
 Then I used nearly every decorative stitch my machine has in her.
I love the little ladies in the piece of pink trim below. Aren't they cute?
Mmm...black velvet and little typist.
The floral print below have been in my life forever.
 Tulips and little dogs in these stitches.
 Funny candy corduroy and blue velour.
corduroy from the 80's, vintage lace and ric rac.
So I ended up making ten crazy hexies before I ran out of black fabric. Here they all are. Drum roll please... 
 Now they need major embellishing. Hand embroidery and beads are in order now.
Then I must make more!


No comments: