Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green is Beautiful

Green is beautiful isn't it?
I wish we had some green showing around here...but that won't be happening for awhile so I will be immersing myself in lush, damp, verdant Irish films today (thanks to TCM and Netflix) while I cook the annual corned beef and cabbage, potatoes and soda bread.

This little leprechaun is dancing a jig across my latest pillow creation...

and it is now for sale in the shop.
The sashing and backing is a wonderful rainbow background with green shamrocks scattered all over and there is a metallic speckle to it. LOVE!

I wanna jump right in!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone...
I wish you Love and Luck and lots of Green! J

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Such a fun creation! Love all those vibrant colors. :)

Land of shimp said...

This will seem so unrelated, but I swear it isn't. I was watching a travel show on PBS. I think it was The Seasoned Traveler...and he was in Scotland, visiting the oldest castle that is now maintained as a hotel/bed and breakfast...as well as visiting a museum that recreates tapestries in all their original glory, that are then displayed in museums.

They were lovely an so complicated and they must have seemed like a work of the divine in a time where images weren't produced and shared easily. That you couldn't just click through images to see something beautifully colorful. When that might be the most beautiful thing a person would see, not merely in a day, but in an entire life.

And I looked at the backing you chose and I thought...we live in a world so full of visual wonders, constantly available to us. Yet still have an appreciation for "Oh...how pretty that is!"

Life can be hard, it's true. We were just talking about all that people go through over on my blog...but you help create things that balance that out.

Life can be a little ugly but you combat that with something very pretty and cheering.

It's kind of important work, don't you think? I do.

Jennifer D said...

Wow! now I am crying Shimp, thank you so much. You have an amazing mind :0)