Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sunbonnet Sue September

Hello old friends! I can't believe I didn't post even once during the month of September and now October is half gone. This seems to be a growing problem.I will have to do some catching up. 

I have finished the last of the embroidery on 8 Sunbonnet Sue quilt squares that I have been working on a little at a time, during the summer months, over the last few years.

 Sue and I go way back...
 I have loved her since I was a little girl. It has something to do with my Laura Ingalls, Holly Hobbie, Anne of Green Gables obsession.
 These blocks and I go way back.I bit off pieces to stitch and completed all of the like colored items before moving on to another color thread.
 For instance, I decided I wanted the girl with the sporadic dots on her dress to be red right away so I embroidered her dress with french knots on every block before starting the green dress on the other girl. 

Then I stitched all the purple flowers or all the yellow flowers before moving on.
Now the big dilemma is what type of design do I want to use to make this quilt top? Any suggestions?I am pretty sure I want to use the three fabrics in the top photo but I still need to find a blue calico print to connect them.

No comments: