Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hallowistmas House

My favorite UnRuly Quilter has issued another irresistible challenge. Imagine a suburban area connecting two towns. A place where the customs of one town have merged with the customs of another in a cheery yet creepy way. The towns are named Halloweentown and Christmastown. The suburb is called ...Hallowistmas.



*In my head Rod Serling was narrating that bit above* ;0)



The idea is to create quilt blocks with wonky houses, but not just any old house...a Hallowistmas house. What would a wonky wonderful house in Hallowistmas look like? Who would live there? Would Mummies bake Christmas cookies? You get the idea.

So here is my first house...
The background is black with a creepy crawly iridescent spiderweb pattern.

I intend to make a few more and I think the next one will be a bit better than my first, a bit wonkier. Off I go!

4 comments:

Mary Keasler said...

Most excellant! Great job

Terri Morse said...

Cool idea! I love the spiderweb behind the house. The idea of mummies baking Christmas cookies made me smile. Have a great day! Terri

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo! Now for your mummies and christmas cookies!

DUTA said...

It looks like a very original and cool, quilt project. Only someone gifted and creative like you could embark on such a project and successfully carry it out. Good Luck!