Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beatrix Potter Christmas

Check out the date on this piece of fabric....

yep... 1985. A fine year. This fabulous panel of Beatrix Potter critters came to me from my Mother a few years ago after many long years sitting in her stash. I decided this year was its time to shine. I mean it has been waiting nearly 30 years. There is a history with me, my Mom and Beatrix Potter. I'll have to write about it someday. 
The panel was originally meant to become Christmas ornaments but I have way too many ornaments as it is
and so a cozy country Christmasy quilt it will be. I am saving the "Noel" squares for another project already in the works. My super stash supplied the miss matched yule tide fabric strips. This has turned out to be one of those projects that is just meant to be...no hang ups...no new money spent...no money spent by me!
Some of the best Potter creations are included. Such as Squirrel Nutkin.
Tom Kitten
Two Bad Mice
Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail
Benjamin Bunny
Mrs. Tittlemouse

Jemima Puddle-Duck
and last but never least, Peter Rabbit
As you can see they all came out quite nice so next up is choose a sashing fabric... to be continued... ;0)

No comments: