Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still Freezing

As you can tell from the photo above we are still freezing here but inside my FloraLight it is warm and very green. My tomato plants have dozens of sweet little yellow flowers that will soon become juicy tomatoes. The plants are pressed up against the light bulbs and I can't raise the lights any higher.

My cabbages are the size of soccer balls...
and look a pumpkin flower!
I saved some seeds from our Jack-O-Lantern on Halloween and planted it, I have never tried to grow Pumpkins before. I really don't live in the right climate for growing squash but I adore the way the plant spreads, it is such a gorgeous viney plant. I don't really care if I actually get pumpkins or not.

Here is a shot of the flower before it wilted. Don't you just love the color?
Today is going to be a warm sunny day so I plan to work on digging out my garden, 'cause my plants need to move out!
Hope you are having a sunny warm day. :-)

No comments: